Got A Question? We Got Answers!
This FAQs section contains a list of answers to questions frequently asked by most of our clients. Simply browse or search. The answer to your question could have already been provided here. Select a category below to view answers to most commonly asked question.
Or search our frequently asked questions using the form below.
Shared Hosting FAQs
No, at the moment, we do not provide ssh access. However, most of the tasks can be easily achieved using your Hosting Control Panel - cPanel.
Cloud Hosting FAQs
VPS Hosting FAQs
KVM VPS Hosting FAQs
Dedicated Hosting FAQs
- SSH - you can access your server through any SSH client using the root credentials we provide to you
- cPanel - if you have chosen to purchase cPanel from us, you can access and manage your server through the cPanel/WHM control panel
- Dedicated Server Control Panel - you can also perform frequent operations, such as Stopping, Starting and Restarting your server through our web-based control panel, which comes bundled with every server
Domain Name FAQs
- Encrypt the information sent from your user's browser to your website
- Authenticate your website's identity.
I recently signed up for SiteLock and noticed that I am getting some empty submissions from some of the forms on my website.
- Access your domain at port 2096. To do so, you will need to affix your domain with a colon (:) and 2096. For example, http://www.example.com:2096.
- Enter the email address you wish to access in the Email (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter the corresponding password in the Password
- Click the Login
- Open ports 2095 and 2096 in your firewall.
- If you created a subdomain or add-on domain for webmail, remove it.
- If you created an A record in DNS for webmail, remove it.
- If you created a webmail subdirectory in the document root, remove it.
- Ask your system administrator run the following script: /scripts/rebuildhttpdconf and then restart Apache.
- BoxTrapper — BoxTrapper works through "challenge-response" verification. When an email is sent to an account that has enabled BoxTrapper, a verification email is automatically sent in response. At this point, the sender will need to respond to the verification email so that his or her address is whitelisted and able to send mail to your email account.
- SpamAssassin — SpamAssassin is an email utility that attempts to filter spam by examining incoming email and testing for spam characteristics. The testing results in an overall score. If an incoming message reaches or exceeds a predefined score, the message is discarded.
- Login to your email account.
- Click the Stop button before the timer counts down to 0 in the pop-up window.
- Click the red Disable AutoLoad link to prevent the webmail client from automatically loading whenever you access the Secure Webmail Login
- Login to your hosting control panel.
- In the Mail section, select Forwarders
- Click Add Forwarder.
- After Address to Forward, type the address whose email you wish to forward. Be sure to select the correct domain from the drop-down menu.
- Under Basic options, click Forward to email address and type the address to which mail should be forwarded.
- Click Add Forwarder.