Jubilee Web Host manages and maintains a vast portfolio of websites both for the company’s brands as well as those for clients. To achieve this, the company has a dedicated team of editorial staff who work diligently to write high quality, original and SEO rich content for these websites. The Content Writers form part of the editorial team.
The company seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the positions of Content Writers to fill the five vacancies at their offices located in Iganga, Kampala and Kiryandongo, Uganda.
The Content Writer will develop and create content for print, digital media and/or product descriptions following Jubilee Web Host’s editorial style guide.
He/she will communicate with company leadership, clients, and potential interview sources. Excellent writing, spelling, and understanding of grammar are essential to this role.
Well-researched, accurate and original content will be produced on tight deadlines.
If you are familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, you are probably the perfect candidate we are looking for. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
Ultimately, a Jubilee Web Host Content Writer will be required to deliver quality written pieces that appeal to our own and our clients’ audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
The function of Jubilee Web Host’s Content Writer will be to conduct thorough research on industry-related topics, generate ideas for new content types, and develop and create accurate, original and well-structured content for print, digital media and/or product descriptions following the Company’s editorial style guide.
Content Writer Specific Roles, Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy.
- Researching and organizing facts and sources.
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with team for new ideas and strategies.
- Researching markets and industry-related topics to compare and create content that is both innovative and original.
- Writing a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (websites, blogs, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, etc.).
- Preparing well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Proofreading and editing content before publication.
- Submitting work to Editors for input and approval.
- Conducting simple keyword research and using SEO guidelines and best practices to drive web traffic.
- Identifying customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Ensuring all-around content consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Collaborating with Campaign Managers, Creative Team, and Design Teams to illustrate articles.
- Updating website content as needed.
- Building a following for our brands on social media with creative work.
- Promoting website content on social media.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Content Writer Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent grasp of the English language.
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner.
- Confidence in producing work across multiple platforms.
- Ability to do research using multiple sources.
- Ability to align multiple brand strategies and ideas.
- Ability to assist team members when needed to accomplish team goals.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strict adherence to company policies and style.
- Extensive knowledge of the company, brand, and product preferred.
- Positive attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and adjust to new technologies.
- Familiarity with keyword placement, SEO, graphics design as well as hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress) will be an added advantage.
- Diploma in Creative Writing, Journalism, Marketing, English, Literature or related field.
Candidates interested in the Content Writer job apply using the form below or should send their cover letters to email@example.com before Wednesday August 31, 2019 05:00PM East African Time. The cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Jubilee Web Host,
Room No.1, Ground Floor,
Margaritta House, Kampala Road,
P.O Box 223, Iganga – Uganda (E.A)
As part of the content of the cover letter, candidates for the Content Writer Job should clearly state their current salary as well as their minimum salary expectations.
In accompaniment to the cover letter, candidates should also attach:
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) which should include contacts of at least three referees (preferably former employers, supervisors or workmates where possible) clearly stating their relationship with the candidate. As part of the content of the CV, a list of all social media platforms where the candidate is active should be included.
- Two accurately typed well-researched original articles as a reflection of their ability to research and write well-structured original content as required of Jubilee Web Host’s Content Writer Job. The topics for the articles should be:
- i) Writing for SEO: The Ultimate Guide
- ii) How to Improve the Security of a WordPress Website
All attachments should be in pdf formats.
Copies of academic documents are not required at this stage.